architect deploy "architect/shopping-cart" --environment "dev-environment"
The above step will setup a pending deployment and prompt you to apply it, which you can either do immediately or wait and reference the deployment ID later to apply it directly. If you followed the steps for this tutorial, the above command would provision the following:
- A kubernetes deployment and service for the shopping-cart's private Postgres DB
- A kubernetes deployment and service for the payment service that the shopping-cart depends on
- Any and all resources required by the payments service in order to operate
- The best part of dependency graphing is that you don't need to worry about the dependencies of your dependencies. Everything gets deployed with this single command regardless of the complexity involved and without needing additional input from you.
- Of course, a deployment and service for your shopping-cart service
That's it! You've successfully deployed your service AND all it's dependencies. Now your team can continue to reference each others work to automatically provision complicated environments and continuously contribute to active products.